Our Philosophy

Our philosophy at the Original Pasty House is simple; great tasting freshly made food & drinks, a warm and welcoming atmosphere and excellent customer service.

OUR LOCAL COMMUNITY

It’s very important to us to support our local economy and put money back into the area in which we do business. We therefore use local suppliers for as much of our produce as possible. We get all our meats from the local butchers, our vegetables from the local greengrocers and our rolls from the local bakery. We also source many services like, design, signage and printing from local companies in the area, as well as our office supplies and all our branded bags and cups.
To see what else we do in the local community,

visit our community page

THE ENVIRONMENT

We believe we have a responsibility to do what we can as a business for the environment. We only use fair-trade coffee, free-range eggs and use local suppliers extensively to reduce food miles. We are committed to recycling as much of our waste as possible; including all our plastic, metals, cardboard and office waste. We even recycle all our food waste, which goes to local site Langage Farm’s cutting edge anaerobic digestion plant where the methane produced actually powers their West Country ice cream factory! What’s left is used as a bio fertiliser put right back into the land. In fact 95% of everything we use goes to be recycled or reused (and we’re working on the other 5%..!)

Nigel & Janet

We are husband and wife team Nigel & Janet Eadie. We have been running the Tavistock branch of The Original Pasty House for twelve years now, and opened our second premises in Plymouth in summer 2011. We take a very ‘hands on’ role in the running of the cafes and are always striving to improve our menus, interiors and service to match the needs of our customers.

 

Share On Facebook|Tweet This|Email This|Contact Us
T w i t t e r
F a c e b o o k
L a t e s t   N e w s